The IHL Team is thrilled to share some exciting news! Five IHL Action Campaign teams have been selected to receive national recognition for their amazing work. This year we had 34 teams from 17 regions submit entries to compete for a National Recognition Prize Package. These teams submitted videos, games, simulations, skits, podcasts, and more that showcased their extensive knowledge of IHL and the creative ways through which they taught their peers about IHL, healthcare in danger, and torture. Our Selection Committee had an extremely difficult time making a decision after reviewing these proposals, but we are very excited to announce the teams of university and high school students that the Committee selected to receive national recognition.
The five outstanding teams selected to receive the National Recognition Prize Package are (in no particular order):
- Los Angeles Region, California Academy of Mathematics and Science (CAMS) for “Behind the Scenes: Testimonies of the Tortured”
- Desert to the Sea Region, Pacifica High School for “Care for Health Care”
- NW Indiana Region, Valparaiso University for “Confronting Torture”
- St. Louis Region, Washington University for “Red Cross Week: Understanding
Healthcare in Danger Zones”
- Central and Southern Illinois Region, Bradley University for “Save Our Services: International Healthcare Under Attack”
The Selection Committee also recognizes the following five additional teams with Honorable Mention Awards for their IHL Action Campaigns’ accomplishments (in no particular order):
- Western and Central New York Region, Elmira College for “EC Campus Crisis: Humans Vs Zombies”
- Desert to the Sea Region, Segerstrom High School for “It’s Still Happening”
- Arizona Region, BASIS Chandler for “Combating Torture in Contemporary Society”
- Greater New York Region, Bayside High School for “Operation Healthcare”
- Desert to the Sea Region, University of California, Irvine for “Life on the Line”
We would also like to recognize and congratulate the IHL Action Campaign teams that were not selected to receive a National Recognition Prize Package. A big thanks to the teams from the following Regions: Southeast Michigan, Cincinnati/Dayton, Miami and the Keys, Kentucky, Minnesota, Texas Gulf Coast, Utah, San Diego, and Eastern Pennsylvania.
We were extremely impressed by the work done as part of the IHL Action Campaign. We are so proud of each team’s commitment to teaching their peers about IHL, and thank them for their participation!